Most of the names of Tokyo's many stations (駅, えき) and lines (線, せん) are derived from historical districts of what is now known as Tokyo, and some of these can serve as useful examples of important Japanese language concepts.
Here you'll find a full archive of all language learning articles on this site in chronological order. Use the search field to filter by language or topic (alternatively you can browse languages or topics).
- Looking for Japanese verbs? In this article, I've put together a list of the most common Japanese verbs with -masu and -te forms.
- Learn the days and months in Japanese (and how to say the date) with this clear and simple guide for beginners.
- This review looks at Pimsleur Japanese, which has been around for decades and is still one of the most popular Japanese courses available.
- Do you want to know what the longest word in Japanese is? It's a whopping 37 letters and 17 syllables long.
- This review looks at LinguaLift, which has been around for several years now with a slowly-rising reputation in the language space.